Tuesday 16 April 2013

Opinion: TopYo PLUTO


Diameter: 53mm
Width: 42mm
Weight: 67g















This has been delayed for too long.
I put it on draft and move on to film the rest of the promos and almost forgot about it, as I always try to film the promo first before sitting down to write my opinion on the yoyo and release the video altogether. All excuses aside, here goes.

it's been a while since I throw the PLUTO again, my impression of it was pretty smooth, but it didn't quite feel like the other Top Yos that I got. The feeling of that smoothness and stability that I like of Top Yo is not in this yoyo, for some reason. The bearing seat on this yoyo is not very tight, but the one I got produces screechy sounds when I take them apart, just sharing. Came with the PLUTO was a pair of IrPads, and recently I decide to switch its stock pad to the IrPads, it could be just me, but I personally feel the IrPads helps with the smoothness. First thing first, stability and vibes in spins, as usual, I always try on a normal throw, it's pretty smooth with no vibes, on a finger test, it lacks that stability feel that I get from the Earth, you can feel something.

Play time, it feels like and fast, and stable enough to handle tricks, but definitely not that stability you feel from an Earth, even though the PLUTO has a thicker outer rim. Slacks and laceration ain't a problem though, Kitty String helps I guess. Fusion combos are smooth thanks to IrPads. The finish is the regular ano finish, grinds are what you can expect from regular metals. While comparing it to it's senior yoyos, I would say it lacks the stability the Earth has, but base on the yoyo itself not comparing it to the Earth, I would say, it's alright, it handles stuffs I threw at it, not my favorite, but could be yours.
And at 67g, in my opinion it felt lighter and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment