Saturday 9 March 2013

Opinion: YONITY Feng


YONITY Feng. Now even though I suck at off string, I really dig offstring yoyos, and ever since I got the Kung, I've been looking forward to the YONITY Feng. A video of Sean Hung trying the Feng before we move on to more photos!



diameter: 75mm
width: 58.42mm
weight: 76.8g












The Feng from YONITY that I got comes in a regular brown box unlike the Kung that came in another form of box packaging. Material used is delrin, pretty obvious, and it seems that the Feng is the first in YONITY's line to use the titanium Ali Axle, it's the same axle that was used in previous YONITY yoyos, but this is refined and improved. The bearing that came with it is a high quality stainless steel flat bearing. Note that at one point of time this yoyo fell into a drain in the rainy day, the bearing was freezed, but it was kinda fixed and playable again. What I did was not cleaning the bearing any further in lighter fluid or mineral spirit, BUT instead, I hover the bearing over the flame, and later lube it after it cool down. And then it start to work normal again, I'm not sure if this will damage the bearing in any way, but this is the method I used just for your info, and it's still running fine until now.

Now to the yoyo. I like the Kung alot, now I like the Feng even more, it's wider, and the dropping sound didn't sound as scary as the Kung like I mentioned. It feels comfortable in the hand, catch zone is nice and wide, shape is nice, for me. And yes, it provided long spin before the bearing freezed, and STILL provide long spin now after the bearing is fixed. NOTE it's the same exact bearing, I didn't replace the bearing at all. The weird thing about this yoyo is the rim shape, it looks like a 1A yo-yo with extended wings, take a closer look at the profile view and you'll see there's like a inner rim protruding out, I don't know if it serve any purpose or meant for any grinding, but it does make the yoyo feels pretty solid and nice to play with. The yoyo is also very stable, despite multiple dropping and abuse, there isn't any vibes. Bounce is pretty high too, and the response is pretty tight in my opinion. Horizontal as you can see from the videos doesn't seems like a issue at all. Look at all that regens and string whips that's being done in the video!

Now as far as I've seen from YONITY, they hardly reproduce their yo-yos, but for the Feng, YONITY is set to produce a second batch, as of now, the only thing that's confirmed is that the axle will be further improved. It'll be expected to be around 70-80USD, I'd say you can't go wrong with this one.

Share your opinions on the Feng for the benefit of those who may be interested in getting one!


No comments:

Post a Comment