Tuesday 17 September 2013

YoYoPlanet Sirius











I've received this yoyo for a long time now, and since the video of team member Tan Yao Kun won't come too soon, I shall not drag any longer and start talking about this first.

Diameter: 54mm
Width: 42mm
Weight: 65g

While I haven't got the production Vega, the Sirius was kind of a larger Vega.
If the Polaris feels too bulky for you, try the Sirius. First of all, let me say something about the visuals... YoYoPlanet emphasise a lot on its holo-foil sticker that's on the hub, because it's apparently a kind of high quality sticker, they don't use laser engrave but sticker instead, so it gives out this glitter thing when you play.

Now the play, throws from YoYoPlanet have been pretty solid and stable, the Sirius is no different. It provide super long stable spin like the rest of the YYPs, and also have this line surface, rimmed weighted while still being fast on the string. The Sirius does not vibe both on a string hold and finger test, at least until now after a few dings and stuff, it's still pretty stable with no vibe. I would say this yoyo is pretty durable, it handles many things, but I'm not so sure about finger spins though as I've yet to see any finger spin tricks being done on it, but it sure does handle horizontals tricks. Overall, I would say try this yoyo out really, it feels solid, stable, but fast, definitely something you can compete with.
Since the video won't be available anytime soon, here's Yao Kun competing with the Sirius at AP2013.



and one from Lee Do-Seung,


Share your opinion on the Sirius for the benefit of those who may be interested!
Or let me know if you want to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment