Wednesday 6 March 2013

Opinion: YoYoSkeel Sense


It's been too long, sorry for the long wait, finally settle down to write my opinion on this yoyo, I'll be on  break for approximately 2 months from school, so hopefully I get all videos and write-ups done by then. So here goes. A video and photos of the YoYoSkeel Sense.












width: 43mm
diameter: 57mm
gap: 39.5mm
weight: 69g

Similar to the YoYoSkeel Stalker 2, the Sense should come installed with a China Produced 10-ball Concave bearing, and YoYoSkeel's own silicone pad. Unlike the Stalker 2 which has a relatively removable bearing, the Sense, or at least the one I have, has quite a tight bearing seat, the removal of bearing need some effort.

So the Sense, I would say it's really stable, at 69g, it doesn't really feel heavy, and still perform fast on the string. Pretty rim weighted, stable, and vibe-free during string hold, string play and finger test.
This thing handles everything I threw at it, unfortunately I still can't do a single horizontal trick, but from the video you can see that it's no problem, WeiXuan did it.
The yoyo didn't appeal to me at first due to the ridge around the inner rim/catch zone area, but it definitely didn't affect the play, however, the step area on the wall, like mentioned in the opinion entry on the Stalker 2, is a issue for me, it hits the string especially during front style, it could be a personal issue, but I would suggest player try out before making a judgement on this, but I would definitely like it better without that step. Another issue is the lifespan of the bearing, which is also being mentioned in the opinion entry on the Stalker 2, it kind of screwed up after filming of promo, the yoyo's not dinged or damaged in any way, it's probably just the bearing. Now I'm not sure if the later batch are still using the China produced concave bearing, but the bearing on my Stalker 2 and Satisfaction does not have this issue yet, but it's best to install a bearing of your choice, I would say.

Overall, if the step on the wall is not an issue for you, I would say give this yoyo a try, it's really smooth on the string(until the bearing screw up), and stable no doubt, provides long spins, and definitely a competing worthy yoyo.
Share your opinion on the Sense for the benefit of those who may be interested to get one!


No comments:

Post a Comment