Sunday 10 March 2013

Opinion: sOMEThING by YoYoAddict ANGLAM CC


I tried the ANGLAM when Hiroyuki came for AP in 2012, I love it, the one I tried was a b-grade apparently, but it just felt so nice, and I didn't know it was gonna be such a high-end yoyo at that time.
This write-up is long overdue but I'm still gonna write it. Video and then more photos first.



Diameter: 56mm
Width: 43mm
Weight: 67.5g










So players were asking what's the difference? which is better? and stuffs.
So here's the comparison between the two, and it really depends on what you like in regards to which is better. When I first got the ANGLAM Ver CC, I got reminded of the Superfly, the shape's modified to a more hourglass shape, or what REWIND call the invert round shape. So check out the difference first.






The ANGLAM Ver CC comes in a very nice minimalistic looking packaging, I like, I dig packagings.
When I first tried the prototype, it felt totally different from the ANGLAM I tried at AP2012, it was pretty solid, my impression of the ANGLAM was kind of floaty, much like the ANGLE, but more solid. The final production that I got is much less solid, it's still solid compared to the ANGLAM, but more floaty than the prototype Ver CC I tried, so I preferred the final run than the prototype tobe honest. I remember feeling that the prototype was ligher than the ANGLAM, but it was supposed to be heavier, but as I play, now I feel it's slightly heavier than the ANGLAM. The Ver CC has a very nice feel, which I totally like, it's using sOMEThING's own concave bearing, and provides a very long smooth spin. The stability is there even though it feels kind of floaty. I notice I've been talking a lot about floaty and solid while comparing it to both the ANGLAM and the prototype Ver CC, so now I'm just compare it to the ANGLAM.

It's less floaty and more solid than the ANGLAM. The bind is just nice I would say, I don't know about you guys, but I have issue doing regens with some solid yoyos, one of which is the Sleipnir, but the Ver CC makes it comfortable to be doing regens. No doubt it handles everything I threw at it, horizontals are proven possible through the video by Christopher. Finger test, no vibe, string hold, no vibe, real smooth and fast within fusion tricks, and definitely comfortable in the palm.

Which is better? The ANGLAM or the Ver CC?
Me, personally, I actually prefer the feel of the ANGLAM, but I dig both yoyos really.
I wouldn't really say the ANGLAM is better, but I feel that it's more floaty and I love that, I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me that the ANGLAM is floaty, but it sure does in my opinion, at least the one I tried, so I'ma go with the ANGLAM if you have to make me choose. But it's all personal preference.

Share your opinion on the ANGLAM Ver CC in the comment section for the benefit of those who are still considering on getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment