Thursday 27 September 2012

Opinion: TopYoNation Earth



So I was given a couple of yoyos from Top Yo Nation, and I was pretty impressed by their playability.
I haven't try too many China made yoyos, but I've tried a few, and majority of them, even when it's good, to me, they have this feel to it, no discrimination, it's just a term some of us call "China feel", which describe the feeling the yoyo gives, not that it's not smooth, you know how different brand's yoyo feel differently? Yea, China made yoyo have this certain particular feel to it. But when I threw the Earth, I was impressed, it feels really nice, and I really like it. More photos~









The Top Yo yoyos I've received all came in paper boxes like these,
and they came along with string, and a 10-ball concave bearing of their own, and what seems like the CBC pad for response, but I'm not very sure about that, I didn't contact direct with Top Yo so I can't really check that, but the bind's pretty tight. The bearing seat tightness was average, removing and putting back on of the bearing isn't an issue.

specs: 56mm diameter, 44mm width, 67g.

From what I know, the Earth's the 3rd release from Top Yo, but why am I doing a write-up for this one first? Because of all the Top Yo yoyos I received, this is my favorite, and also because I've yet to get the other videos done, :P
Now the Top Yo Earth seems to be pretty popular in China, and I wasn't sure why, because I was really thinking, is it really that good? Now I understand. Like mentioned earlier, it doesn't have that feeling like most China made yoyos, in fact it feels really nice. The shape and size was comfortable to hold, the yoyo itself looks pretty nice, and I'm not including the logo engraving, I mean just the yoyo itself. I'll say this yoyo doesn't really have any special features, like special surface or finish, etc. It's pretty much a normal looking yoyo, but playability is pretty good, to be honest. The Earth provides long, stable spins, even for horizontal style, to quote YoyoAcq rep, Wei Xuan, "it can sustain very long for horizontal!", when we were filming the promo video. Very stable, very smooth, haven't snag on me yet so far, haven't tried IRG stuff, but there's this very shallow ring thingy in the inner rim. Grinds weren't a problem for me on a cooling night in Singapore, slacks and rejections doesn't seem like a problem, regens were alright. Vibe test, on a string hold, no vibes on the yoyo, very stable, smooth spins, no vibe feeling on the string hold either, very smooth. All in all, I'll really recommend players to try this, there are still players, especially the newer ones locally, that prefer big names yoyo than China made ones, give it a try, really. I personally would like this as a competing yoyo, really.

Other Top Yo I received are the Mercury, Mercury L, and the Paladin, and I would honestly say, they feel just a little different to the Earth, but I would say the Earth feels the best. I'll write my opinion on them too, but probably all three in one entry because honestly, really, they all feels pretty similar.

Anyone who has a different opinion on the Top Yo Earth, do share it in the comments for the benefit of those who might be interested to get one, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment