Friday 31 August 2012

Opinion: C3YoYoDesign Sceptre

So I receive this yoyo pretty long ago, before I enter high school before I got busy and stuff, and even though this yoyo have been released for quite a while, I think I'll still share my opinion on this!
More photos first before I continue~











So when I got these, C3 sent me two of these, but both came in large bearing setting, with no small bearing included, and no small bearing pads as well, so I was thinking since I got two, and rather then letting player going through the trouble of flipping the spacer while trying, I might as well set up a small bearing one so they could just try both together. I didn't take photos of the one in small bearing set up though.

Many makers have produce this spacer system thing for plastic and delrin yoyos, the earliest I know about is the one Buzz On did, but it wasn't a dual sided spacer though, there was a issue on this, it's on Dave Bazan's facebook, Dave's the owner of Buzz On, apparently, many senior players have came up with that idea, some produced small quantity, but no one ever patent it and release it mass to the public, with dual side. And with Paul Yath saying that it was much more costly producing the dual sided spacer, and also the fact that no one patent it, I think... strictly speaking, C3 isn't at fault on this? I love Buzz On yoyos, believe me when I say that, I dig Buzz On yoyos before there were SPRs, but what to do when the patent comes into play? But all that aside, I'm glad someone went ahead and make these available, I actually hope someone else continue to explore within the dual spacer range. 

Now to the yoyos, the Sceptre feels very solid in both large and small bearing mode, very rim weighted and stable in my opinion. But I prefer it in large bearing mode. In either mode, unlike some review that may say a delrin does not feel like one, instead it feels like a metal, I would say the Sceptre does feel like a delrin, but a really solid one. In small bearing mode, since I don't have the pad size for it, I used silicone for it, it was pretty much tug responsive for me with both side filled, and just nice for me with only one side response. My only issue with the small bearing mode is, the response falls out too easily, but it could be due to the fact that they're flowable silicone instead of pads, which will be available in the production version, and also, the small bearing tend to get stuck to both spacer, which makes it hard for me to take them apart, but this too, could be because the bearing are not from C3, and might be solved on the production version.
I think if these were released in multiple colors, it'll look so nice.
Share your opinion on this yoyo in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. i really liked it in small bearing setup, fast spins, slick grinds, easy and tight binds, great for regens, but for the small bearing setup it knots alot on binds. could be my throw or bind though. still not used to the small bearing

    ReplyDelete